The Paul B. Johnson Commons Ballroom is currently unavailable due to a campus construction project.
General Use of Paul B. Johnson Commons Ballroom
THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI
Voice Mail: 662-915-5203
The central purpose of the Paul B. Johnson Commons Ballroom is to provide a venue for students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the university. The ballroom will be open during the year as follows: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday-Sunday. The following regulations apply:
- The ballroom will be closed when the university is closed. During student breaks and the summer sessions, the hours of operation will maintain a shorter schedule: Monday-Friday and Sundays at 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The ballroom will be closed on all national holidays and on certain Sundays when students are on break.
- University departments and recognized student organizations may schedule the ballroom for regular meetings, special events or memorial services not to exceed three hours following the reservation procedures. Please contact Christine Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Faculty, staff, students and alumni of the university may schedule the ballroom for wedding services by using an electronic reservation form.
- Use of the ballroom requires a fee and may be used in accordance with the terms of the university’s contract for using the Johnson Commons Ballroom for weddings, also located at the same Web address or per attachment. Please contact Christine Wallace at email@example.com if you have questions.
- Attendance for any organization, special event or wedding may not exceed 300 people, which is in accordance with state fire codes. Subsequently, events with fewer than 50 guests are encouraged to reserve a space smaller than the Johnson Commons Ballroom.
- All scheduling of the ballroom shall be made by following the reservation procedure electronic reservation form on a first-come, first-served basis, except that:
- Regularly scheduled meetings (monthly or more frequently) may only be scheduled one semester at a time, beginning 60 days before the start of each semester; and
- Regularly scheduled meetings may be pre-empted by other special events with 30 days’ notice.
- Nothing shall be hung from the walls, doors, glass or stage area.
- No handouts/supplies shall be left in the ballroom by the hosting organization.
- No candles are allowed except flameless/battery-operated candles.
- Tape and nails may not be used. Care must be taken to avoid marring the finish of the venue.
- The ballroom must be left as it was found.
- Interpretation of the regulations and special circumstances shall be the prerogative of the director of the Johnson Commons Ballroom.
- Parties violating policies of the ballroom may lose their privilege to use the ballroom and be subject to additional reservation fees.
- Cancellation of reservations must be made in written form to the director of University & Public Events.